Strand Squared Solutions is proud to be a part of the A-Dash Collaborative. We are a group of professionals focused on inspiring and supporting organizations to create more equitable and just work environments by addressing organization health by eliminating workplace discrimination and harassment through policy assessment, training and organizational change in the river community and other outdoor industry members.
The A-DASH Mission is to collaboratively inspire and support organizations to create discrimination and harassment-free environments through policy assessment, trainings, and organizational change.
The A-DASH Vision is to lead resource support for rivers and other outdoor spaces that welcome all people to work, play and belong.
The A-DASH Values are:
● Inspiring learning & changed behavior,
● Centralizing equity,
● Valuing and integrating the contribution, patience, and perspective of groups with different perspectives,
● Supporting organizations seeking to grow in the areas of anti-sexual harassment and discrimination,
● Building supportive, trusting communities, and
● Supporting more fun for more people!
Meet the Team:
A-DASH collaborators understand from first-hand experiences the challenges that the river industry and river management agencies face when considering harassment: river guides, agency staff, academics, raft company owners and managers, and trainers who specialize in sexual harassment workshops for the outdoor industry. The three organizing members are Emily Ambrose (Engage Coaching & Consulting, Colorado State University), Risa Shimoda (River Management Society), and Maria Blevins, Ph.D. (Utah Valley University).
Additional members of the group helping with program creation and outreach are:
● Alexa Spielhagen – Raft guide and Ph.D. candidate, Northern Arizona University,
● Alexandra Thevenin – Co-Owner, Arizona Raft Adventures,
● Angie Fuhrmann – River Training Center, River Management Society,
● Bekah Price – Communications Coordinator, River Management Society,
● Corita Waters – Rivers, Trails, Conservation Assistance, Wild and Scenic Rivers Co-Lead, National Park Service,
● Jim Miller and Gina McClard – Respect Outside, LLC,
● Lenore Perconti – HR Supervisor, Mt. Hood Meadows Resort,
● Myra Strand – Strand Squared Solutions LLC, and
● Steven Foy – General Manager, Nantahala Outdoor Center.